The Yakima Valley Visitors and Convention Bureau has a great opportunity. Must possess: strong communication skills; exceptional customer service; proven skills in office software and knowledge of community attractions and services. Please send resume, cover letter, three professional references, and wage requirements to: YVVCB, 10 N. 8th Street, Yakima, WA 98901 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than close of business July 25th, 2011.
Title: Services and Housing Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Convention Sales
Status: Non-Exempt/Part-Time with possibility of becoming full time
The role of the Convention Services Coordinator is to provide various service support to meeting/event planners who have events scheduled in Yakima, or are considering Yakima for future events. This position will ultimately enhance the success of events held here and will have a positive influence on the ability to gain repeat business.
|Duties and Responsibilities:|
- Responsible for organizing, coordinating and directing all operations required for groups utilizing Meeting Max. In addition, works with meeting planners/sporting event directors to determine servicing requirements and other support needed by the organization and attendees.
- Establishes contact with meeting/event planners scheduled to bring groups into the area.
- Develops and oversees all aspects of the Meeting Max housing program for all pre-assigned convention/sporting events. This includes obtaining housing agreements from the hotels, monitoring hotel room night reservation requests, and keeping in close contact with the Director of Convention/Sales or Director of Sports Commission and the respective planners.
- Acts as liaison between meeting/event planner and VCB members. Offers suggestions and assistance for planning: entertainment; tours; shopping; spouse and children’s programs; and attractions. Maintains current information on all of the above.
- Works with the Marketing Department for direction/ideas on how to help promote conventions/events through social media.
- Visits with the meeting planner of each convention/event while it is taking place. Alert the Director of Sales and appropriate Sales Manager of any negative/positive feedback.
- Attends and organizes pre-and post-event meetings with meeting planner and appropriate suppliers; provides post-event evaluations to determine the success of the meeting/events.
- Send thank you notes and electronic surveys to completed events by the 5th of every month.
- Mentors volunteer Information Specialists personnel. Organized two (2) familiarization trips of VCB members each year…budget permitting.
- Maintains services department reports including the servicing budget, number of delegates serviced, and volunteer hours worked.
- Maintains inventory of literature and service collateral, wine bottle donations, and apple donations.
- Additional duties as needed.