July was a busy and productive month for the Yakima Valley Visitors & Convention Bureau, with many successes across the various departments. Here’s a sampling:
- Visitors to the Bureau’s consumer website was 25,135 in July, an increase of 39% compared to July of 2010 and an 84% increase over 2009. The month broke all previous monthly website records.
- The July online Wine Country Getaway Giveaway generated 5,900 page views. We received 2,192 entries for the contest, of which 1,189 subscribed to receive additional marketing messages from the organization.
- Through various public relations efforts, travel stories appeared in Northwest Palate, Seattle Times, Seattle Magazine and Entrepreneur Magazine. Combined, the media exposure generated in July is valued at $1,141,351 with an estimated 4.9 million impressions or online views.
- Meanwhile, the sales department is continuing success in recruiting conventions and groups, currently at 57% of their lead generation goals as well as 47% of their hotel room night goals for 2011.
- In July the sales department booked the 2014 Annual Convention of the Washington Finance Officers Association. This conference is projected to bring in more than 700 attendees and generate an estimated $323,400 in delegate spending.
- Registration for the Sport’s Commission’s Hot Shots 3-on-3 Basketball Tourney in late August is setting a record pace.As of today, the count is 408 teams, up 14% over 2010, a new record.